| Montessori School Recognition
recognizes as a "Montessori school" any
program for children which complies with
its criteria for being committed to Montessori
principles. The school first
applies, and will then receive the specific
written criteria to verify compliance.
Annual fee for the Society's school recognition is $10 per enrolled child, up to a maximum amount of $700 (U.S. currency) per school. This fee is reduced by the amount of Society fees paid during the prior 12-month period for services such as consultation , bulk mail subscriptions, Workshop registration, teacher education and group membership. The minimum annual fee is $45 (U.S. currency). Recognized Montessori schools receive all the benefits of ordinary associate school membership, plus the following:
- Free bulk mailing of "Montessori News" newspaper for distribution to all school parents and staff
- Listing in Society's annual Membership Directory of Montessori Schools
- Wall-size certificate of recognition for display at school
- Free IMS Montessori school membership directory
- Referral of inquiries to Society about "Montessori schools" in the area
- Supportive cooperation on such matters as government regulations and organizing local area conferences
Recognized Montessori schools support the "new education" by providing a local institutional focus for the Society's work and activities. The Society refers parents who inquire with the Society for a Montessori school only to those schools which are specifically recognized by the Society. Montessori school members therefore have a close working relationship wiht the Society, which may include planning for local conferences, teacher education, consultation and other Society services and programs for the "new education".
Montessori schools are especially encouraged to order a bulk mail subscription to receive the Society's publications, the "News" and "Observer" . Annual fee is $3.00 per person, minimum order, 50 ($150). A further group membership program for parents and staff is also available; a reduced rate membership which is coordinated by the school.
To apply, or for more information about Montessori school recognition, and other membership categories listed above, contact the Society.
1 year term. Annual renewal. $10 per enrolled child ($700 maximum $45 minimum)
Qualified schools follow true natrual montessori teaching. Recognnition will be confirmed by follow-up mailing of specific written criteria.
* Reduce amount of fee paid to IMS for teacher education, conferences, consultation, bulk mail shipment of "Montessori Observer", and group membership paid of parents and staff to IMS during past 12-month period ($45, minimum)