Montessori School Recognition
IMS recognizes as a "Montessori school" any program for children which complies with the IMS philosophy of true natural Montessori teaching. To verify compliance, you will sign a “statement of compliance” to specific criteria which provide the framework for this philosophical commitment.
Annual fee for IMS Montessori school recognition is $10 per enrolled child, up to a maximum amount of $700 (U.S. currency) per school. This fee is reduced by the amount of IMS fees paid during the prior 12-month period for services such as consultation , bulk mail subscriptions, Workshop registration, teacher education and group membership. The minimum annual fee is $45 (U.S. currency). Recognized Montessori schools receive all the benefits of ordinary associate school membership, plus the following:
- Free bulk mailing of "Montessori News" newspaper for distribution to all school parents and staff
- Listing in IMS directory of Montessori schools at the IMS website.
- Wall-size signed certificate of recognition for display at school
- IMS referral of inquiries from the general public about "Montessori schools" in the area
- Supportive cooperation for your school’s successful operation as related to such matters as government regulations and organizing local area training seminars and workshops.
Recognized Montessori schools support the "new education" by providing a local institutional presence of IMS for its basic work and function in society. For example, IMS refers inquiring parents to those schools which are specifically IMS recognized. IMS also seeks to involve its family of recognized Montessori schools in its activities and functions, such as planning for local workshops, teacher education through distance learning, consultation and other IMS services and programs for the "new education".
Recognized schools may also order a bulk mail subscription to receive the IMS periodical publications, the "News" and "Observer" . Annual fee is $3.00 per person, minimum order, 50 ($150). A further group membership program for parents and staff is also available; a reduced rate membership which is coordinated by the school.
To apply, or for more information about Montessori school recognition, and other membership categories listed above, contact IMS .
Qualified schools follow true natrual montessori teaching. Recognnition will be confirmed by follow-up mailing of specific written criteria.